Earth Light

Earth Light
Inspiration

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

so hard

huh ... now I only left 3 offers pending ....
so now is 3/7

UCL A*AA
King's College AAA
Warwick AAB because I have sat for STEPs papers ... if they do not considered then is A*AA

Left 3 uni's pending ....
LSE ... the statistics is freaking

Applications 2009: 1,136
First year students 2009:
103

That's for Maths and Economics .... and my course is co-related to it because it is exchangeable
The predicted offers will be A*AA ...but the problem is ... the statistics is freaking scary about 1 out of 11 ... sometimes it goes up to 1 out of 15 ....
Thinking that maybe I should have applied for actuarial science and then shift to maths and econs ... lol ... maybe easier to get in that way ... lol ... but changing is another issue then
Theoretically I should have accept the offer straight away if I get it ... but I really don't know ...

I just know that I will straight away accept HKU/HKust if they offer me quantitative finance ... my dream course ... muahaha ..
Even US Princeton and Columbia only offer Quantitative Finance & Operation Management ....
++ HKust can offer to take more credits in Mathematics ... that will literally fulfill my dreams ...

But the statistics are even freaking scary ... HKU only offering 20 places ... HKust offering 30 places ...
The numbers are only for reference , but stating it really means something

Warwick has a freaking nice course ... allowing me to take credits that I love ... I would definitely take max credits( if no extra tuition fees are charged) ... and maybe sneak some classes eg Philosophy etc
But the problem is employment ... note that the course is MORSE .. and what we studied are listed after the course ... Employee need to view our credits one by one ... that sounds really annoying for them

UCL is really prestige ... was ranked 4th before ... now dropping to 22nd for THE ranking ....
Should be fun ... but they are only giving out limited credits ... so that's another issue

Hoping for the best ... HKU+HKust ... =)

No comments: